Dinner and Desks

So although I'm following the June prompts I should probably be upfront that it isn't my intention to blog everyday in June, rather when I need a break I'll look at the prompts for the current day and any before then that I haven't done and see if it inspires me...

As per Sammi's blog post yesterday, I ate nachos and Guy did a great job as it was very yummy. Tonight, I'm having fish and chips as I sit here trying to keep warm amidst the sudden cold snap we've had. Not quite the summery memories of fish and chips at the beach...

The other part of the prompts is 'what's on your desk'? and I guess like other craft orientated people I know there end up being a range of spaces I could call my desk given the 'work' I do there.

My desk at work is not really visible but to the archeologist lollies and all sorts of different treasures can be found amongst it's layers. Most of the time if I'm sitting at a desk during work hours it will be the computer desk I share with another staff member, so we try to keep it clean, or a desk within one of the numerous classrooms I use and then it will only have the stuff for that particular lesson that I've bought with me.

At home, my desk aims to stay as neat as possible but it does house my stamping and papercraft supplies so can often be a bit of a production line, particularly when I have a card-making night or a market to prepare for. In my craft retreat, one desk is home to my sewing machine and an overlocker, while the other one currently has some of my knitting projects adorning it....

And as I write this post I am sitting at the dining table awaiting my fish and chips rather than using any of the above mentioned desks... oh well :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment